Translate

Thursday 16 August 2012

Slender

Slender Game Review

Hello Little Red Riding Hood...


Hey guys, HighVoltage here, I'm going to do my first game review here on Hazardous LAN! The first game I'll be doing is and indie game which means that it was made from scratch by a bunch of devs probably in less than a year and released by themselves. Kinda the same thing as Minecraft but for Minecraft you need to have a paid account to play online on official servers.(Pain in the ass for everyone in Hazardous except for TheStranger and Urbandroid ) You are just too stingy -__- TS.


To the review!!

Story

One of the pages you have to collect before he catches you...
You start the game with a single objective. Collect all 8 notes before the Slenderman gets to you and kills you. The only thing that you are able to do to get away from him is to run. Run as fast as you can, because if you stare at him for too long, you WILL go insane and the game ends.

Story: 6/10

Graphics

Oh, didn't see you there...

The graphics of Slender aren't so amazing, but it does add to the effect of the game because there is a  fog that increases as you get more notes, the screen starts doing the things that TVs do when they don't have any signal but its an overlay so you can still see whats going on in the game.

Graphics: 5/10

Gameplay

This is your typical FPS-type game, using the WASD controls to move, Q&E are used to zoom in and out, not that you'd ever want to though.  The only thing that relates this game to other FPS titles is the use of a flash light, which may or may not come in handy in certain circumstances

Gameplay: 7/10

User-Friendliness

Take me where?

This game shouldn't be available to minors to play and I'm being serious. This could really scar someone for life. Like I said earlier, this is an indie game so there still may be a few bugs in it, such as the "Daylight Mode" which has no objectives and it's the same map as you play when you start the game. One complaint I have is that you are unable to save your progress, even if you press ESC you're taken to the main menu and have to start the game from scratch. How sure are you that it wasn't designed to be like that? 

User-Friendliness: 4/10 

Misc.

I am SPIDERMAN!!

The only selling point of this game as far I can see is the fact that it makes you crap your pants every, single time you see the Slenderman, there's really not much else to do in the game except for looking for the 8 pages. There are hidden game modes but I haven't had the courage to try figure out what they are.

Misc: 6/10

The Verdict..

Slender is one of the most scariest games I've played in my life, it's so bad that I keep thinking when the Slenderman will get me whenever I go out at night. It's an enjoyable experience for those who like these type of games, but otherwise, if you don't play horror games at all, and this is your first one, prepare yourself for the worst... If you want to get this game, you can go here for more information about it. I wouldn't recommend just anyone to play it though.

I give this game a 56% (Ahem...we need to discuss this. TS)

Don't play if you don't wanna crap your pants...

HighVoltage

No comments:

Post a Comment