Translate

Sunday 16 September 2012

Destroyed...recreated

Hey everybody. TheStranger here. So this week I had kinda had a piece of hardware catastrophically fail on me, my power supply (or psu). By catastrophically I mean really, like it actually...well exploded. Because of my psu's sudden detonation I've had to rethink design of my pc (Since it did cause quite a bit of damage).

The first question one needs to ask when building a new pc is which base will it consist of? The power house of machinery AMD or the elegant and effective Intel or a mixture of both. I (up until now) have always had Intel parts and they have definately proven effective, BUT I once upon a time had an AMD gfx card (Radeon X1650) upon installing it I instantly fell in love with its sheer raw power and extremely efficient use of resources. It was from this moment that I became an AMD fan-boy.

Hence I have decided to build a full AMD pc, these are the specs I have decided on:

CPU: AMD 8125 Bulldozer 3.6 GHz octa-core AM3+ socket, 16 Mb.
GFX: Two Radeon HD 6670, GDDR 5 1Gb each, 810MHz/ 4000Mhz in Crossfire
RAM: Kingston DDR1333 8Gb

This is all I have decided on so far and if I think of anything I'll add it :)
Drop a comment to let me know your opinion on AMD, Intel, specs etc.
TheStranger out.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment