Translate

Thursday 17 January 2013

TheStranger...Mistakes were made...

Hey everyone its DeathStrike here! (Been a while...) On a side note, this red text is TheStranger's writing, if you were wondering. 

So I know its been a while since I graced your screens and even though today is not officially my day, through a combination of this being a filler day for anyone to post and the fact that there's a massive LoL update out and I can't play i decided to post :D

Right so, I thought I'd let you in on something, yesterday TheStranger posted and mentioned his broken pc, I thought it would only be fair if we here at Hazardous told you how this happened...

So we all remember how the TheStranger was speaking about his AMAZING new pc "Peacemaker"...

We all started noticing the problems, the pc fans were making such a noise that we could hardly communicate at lans, when the pc was in his room, the entire room would grow boiling... overall the signs just weren't good. And then it happened! TheStrangers "Peacemaker" made peace with itself and ceased to operate. So after much fussing, deliberating, checking this connection and that connection and not finding a problem... TheStranger sent his pc in for the "professionals" (I use this word loosely cause if you know South African computer technicians...) to take a look at.

Then came the embarrassing truth... TheStranger, our clan leader, the guy who we respect (kind of) as under-stander for lack of a better adjective, and user (now abuser) of technology had done one really stupid thing... he put a sticker on his CPU... Yes you heard right a sticker, now for those of you who haven't built a pc or don't understand the ramifications of such a thing, let me explain. 

Let me explain this as it really happened:
The "sticker" DeathStrike is referring to is one with the CPU's model number and series on it. I put it on the CPU before I put it into the board to take a photo of it, so that the model number and series could be seen. I ACCIDENTLY forgot that it was still on the CPU as that is the last part to go into the pc. It slipped my mind that it was still on there when I locked the heatsink on. 

 The CPU is one of the hottest running components in your pc, when building a pc you put a blob of thermal paste/glue on your CPU to bind it to your heatsink, so in TheStrangers moment of pure genius he denied the direct connection of his heatsink to his CPU therefore causing the CPU to run hot, the fans attempted to compensate for this by boosting their RPM thus causing the noise and the eventual failure of his motherboard! 
Not true, the motherboard failed because of a power surge, but should I have continued to use the pc the CPU would have EVENTUALLY burnt out. 

So if you ever see TheStranger, please feel free to point and laugh at him :P
Yes it was a dumb mistake and it taught me that you should never build a pc if you aren't ENTIRELY focused on your task,  so please be careful when doing things like this. Its easy to get sidetracked and distracted :P 

Hope you enjoyed this and please put your stickers on the outside of your pc,
DeathStrike and TheStranger

No comments:

Post a Comment